Jon Leon fires back

I want to make it abundantly clear, that I am not taking sides on who is wrong, or who is right with any of these accusations. It is not my place to do so. I am in the middle providing a platform for any of the current or former members of White Wizzard to address anything that was mentioned regarding them in any of the interviews I have conducted. I do feel it is just as important for Jon Leon as Erik Kluiber to have a voice.

Jon Leon sent the following regarding Erik Kluiber’s previous comments:

Jesus tap dancing christ…..this is a joke. Complete lie about calling about anything. I found out he rented another place third party from other band members and he left me hanging. I did this as a favor to help him and Wyatt when they arrived in LA and I got burned. Phone call? Right…….tenants did not stay until April 9-total fucking lie. How would he even know? He was only asked for a deposit to go through with allowing the tenants to leave the apt after he agreed to do so after arrival. I lost my place an much more money as I was responsible for the full april rent-way more than 750 dollars. I was even covering part of the monthy rent for them! The tenants were already out when he changed his mind. This place was hardly the suburbs. It is North Hollywood-2 blocks from our former studio. Erik just changed his mind-but after committing. We had an agreement and he blew it off. He wanted to party in his own studio apt in hollywood and that is fine, but he committed and changed his mind after I evicted my tenants. Period. Fuck the spin. It is a joke. That is the bottom line……..and it does not diminish all of the other shit he pulled that is 100 percent truth. Amazing.

He followed up with this:

Let me be very clear about this as well…….Total rent on my place was 1300 dollars. Erik had agreed to pay half of the places rent and I was covering the other half until Wyatt could get some kind of income, so he would have a place as well. I had to pay the entire rent for that following month and give up my lease as I could not get someone in time to rent the place. I lost my place because Erik pulled out and changed his mind. NO OTHER REASON. he fucked me and uses excuses of my being shady-JOKE. You have to ask, what would a guy doing this and even taking up half the rent have in motivation to be “shady” about? I was helping him out and he agreed to it! He then changed his mind and will not accept and never did accept he screwed me and caused me to lose my place. What is shady? Giving him my place so Wyatt would have a spot too when he was broke that was a total rent of 1300 a month for 750 a month when I was going to be paying the rest? Erik found a cheap studio apt after a full commitment with me and did not want to share a place with anyone to have a single party pad and just changed his mind last minute. Wyatt ended up stuck on our other guitar players couch and it hurt his adjustment to LA. He thinks he has no accountability for that. He sees no wrong in agreeing to go forward and just changing his mind after the fact and leaving me and in my opinion the band fucked. We agreed to have me keep some money…….because I was losing hundreds more! It was a compromise agreed on with the whole band present. Erik knew he was in the wrong and it was discussed in full presence of all. This is all a joke and Erik is the only “shady” one in this. I lost an apartment I owned the lease on for 1 reason-Erik Kluiber. Beyond any hearsay-that is an unavoidable fact.

The bottom line is I’m a fan of all of the music that both Erik and Jon have been involved with. If not I would not be willing to give either of them the time of day. This is also why this week’s episode of Mars Attacks Radio will be dedicated to nothing but music from White Wizzard or any other band remotely associated to the band. Regardless of any personal turmoil with the band and its former members I still believe in the music, in all of the music these great musicians have to offer.

Additional comments received from Jon Leon:

Another final note in this bullshit. White Wizzard LLC is owned by me under AKA Jon Leon and I have been using this name as an artist for years and there is nothing “shady”about it. The whole point was to keep it simple. I also stated on the show that there was an initial conversation of not charging any deposits. That was more intended for Wyatt as he had ZERO money when he came out to join WW. Erik did, and upon his arrival and my girlfriends suggestion as we both felt he was a bit off , I took a small deposit to cover my ass. We felt it smart to at least get something. Normally I would ask for a full months rents worth for a deposit(1300) to cover 30 days notice and any damages. As such, he was only charged 750. He was given half back even by me. He deserved to not get any back when you consider the simple facts that I was responsible for the following months full 1300 and that I had to negotiate out of my lease. In the end I ended up losing way more money and paying under 2k, so you be the judge of who got fucked. I held up my end of the deal and was foolish to remove my tenants for him. I was just trying to find a happy medium because the guy just joined the band. He was totally disrespectful and screwed me pretty good. Anti WW people will buy the spin and disregard these facts, but they are 100 percent truth. Hopefully any sane person without bias can see that. That is why I told the story, I just did not like the guy after that and did not fully trust him. I should have fired him then, but hind site as well all know is 20/20…….I was trying to put the best line up out there so I forgave it and tried to move on……in the end that was my biggest mistake to date.

10 thoughts on “Jon Leon fires back

• August 8, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Um yeah, let it be made clear that I paid the 500 dollar pro-rated April rent ontop of the security deposit Pimentel kept 1/2 of for no reason. It was only pro-rated cause the tenants stayed till April 9th.

Wyatt lived at my studio apt for easily 85% of his stay in LA. Leon Pimentel Jr. is simply a low life bullshit artist. I digress.

Best of luck on your European tour Jon. Karma.

• August 8, 2011 at 8:02 pm

For no reason eh? Shows your ignorance and lack of respect. You just chose to ignore that reality I had to deal with. I paid the remainder of that months rent minus your 500 and half of deposit I kept, and another 30 days worth to negotiate out of my lease. So, who lost out? You paid 875 towards the 1300 I lost for one month and I also got hosed the next month and lost my place-because of YOU. You backed out when it was too late for me to do so, and acted entitled and did not care. You should have paid more. I was nice giving you back half of the deposit! Most people would have sued your ass in small claims court. Wyatt was at Chad’s and stayed at the rehearsal studio because you did not want him in your place……85 percent? Hardly. You helped some, but bitched about it to no end when you did. I lived out in Topanga canyon and thus was the reason to do it . That was the whole point of me renting you the place, was so Wyatt would have his own space and not get fucked. I was gonna pay his part and stay there a couple nights a week remember? It was 2 bedroom and you could have both had rooms. In the end you did not want him in your studio apt you decided to rent after our agreement and he was not comfortable. Chad tired of him, I had my girlfriend and a roommate and he got stuck not being able to get work and in a bad place. Who can blame him? He ended up on an island. You blew the place off and I lost my spot, and a good amount of money and I love how you skew the facts and divert attention from the bottom line reality. You said you would do it and backed out when it was too late. My tenants were already moving stuff out and found another place before April 9. It was a done deal. You think they could just stop that because you changed your mind way after agreeing and giving the green light when we stood in front of the apartment complex after you arrived? You are truly ignorant and fucked up. Talk about Karma……I am doing pretty well and have been blessed with some great guys since firing you, and you have been a wasted soul in hollywood with regrets….I would say Karma went just about how it should have……..and I trust it will continue to do so…..the truth is on my side, regardless of your delusion or personal vendetta against me for firing you….take your smokes and go…..and good riddance. You are the only musician I ever played with that I loathe to no end and you are the worst human being I have ever dealt with. I have seen what is in your soul behind the front-The dark energy inside of you consumes you and will engulf you in the end……have a great life.

• August 9, 2011 at 12:26 am

Leon, the initial TALKS were to have the You, Wyatt, and me live there. Even though I let you know the apt wasn’t going to work back in March of 09, and even though you could have kept your tenants if you hadn’t procrastinated, I paid you my portion of rent and deposit anyway. I unnecessarily stood up and did everything I could to fix the situation. It was a naive move on my part, but I’d never met a shyster like you in my life. To hold a grudge over someone paying their fair end of a deal after you pocket their money is classic Jon Leon. But I forgive you, you can’t help it.

I know Wyatt wants to stay out of this mess, but he knows who helped him out and who didn’t. Somehow that “band” van registered in his name for the Korpiklaani tour keeps getting compounding tickets that the DMV forwarded to collections. He’s been in Florida since March of 2010. I wonder how that keeps happening? That’s a nice move. So glad I had the hindsight to not register it in my name.

You got some great talent in your “band” (if it’s even the same guys I heard about last), but I have a feeling you’ll find a way to fuck it up. I can’t say it was a surprise when I heard your tour got “postponed”. White Wizzard isn’t exactly known for being dependable.

Leon, you’re a great shit talker, maybe one of the best. How you weaseled yourself into this situation and have held onto this train wreck is downright amazing. You say I was “fired”. I say I quit after you refused an ultimatum email I sent you calling you out on the craigslist ads and lack of touring. What ever. How about we move on from this petty war of words. Everyone already knows we hate each other. White Wizzard is undeniably your “band” and you need all the help you can get.

• August 9, 2011 at 6:48 pm

You on the other hand are a master of spin and diverting people from the whole story and the truth. You are totally lying about the apartment. You flaked after making a promise to move in way after it was too late, and you did not pay even close to what I lost. You just choose to ignore it. You should call my leasing company and get the facts. I lost the place and I think it is relevant and that is why I told the story, it really effected things moving forward for me with regards to you. It is all hearsay to everyone else. It is comical really the back and forth. If you are sincere about wanting to stop the “petty” stuff…..then stop putting ads on craigslist every time we advert for a guitar player smearing us. Move on….we have. You were fired for being a drunk idiot and fucking off Bruce Dickinson and repeated warnings. You demanded a contract and I said no…..because of your continued disrespect. The craigs ad argument is bullshit. I told you in UK I was looking elsewhere after that. Any fan can ask Giovanni Durst our drummer about all the lies you told him and the shit you pulled trying to back stab me.
    Anybody can confirm with the tour manager of the Korpiklaani tour Chris Milkshake about all the shit you pulled on tour. I had more than one club promoter from clubs we played that tour when we went back through in June telling stories of what a drunk jerk you were and how glad they were you were out of the band. All your spin is just that. We both could have handled somethings better and I am not without blame, but the big stuff is why you were fired, not our petty arguments and general differences. You are just in too much of a drunkend haze to see it, or accept any blame in it. You just make up half witted assumptions and conspiracy theories about me and you do about everything. I remember Wyatt saying how you think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. It is just how you are.
    The main reason WW has had a hard time is it takes the right guys. Giovanni will be the first to say-we have had some really bad luck with a couple guys that have come into this band, and you were cited by both of us as the biggest cancer. You came in with a sense of entitlement, treated me like shit from day 1 and caused a lot of internal problems. At the end of it, we both hate each other and you were fired by us for the right reasons.
    I think our legendary internet rants can confirm one thing for certain, we should not be in a band together! That is why we moved on. The band will be fine….and you are the one that “fucked it up” and you will always fail to see that. The new members are all guys with good heads and do not have so many of the personality characteristics you have that I grew to hate and that I felt were a problem. You I am sure will find like minded musicians and have your own bands and success, and I am proud of where WW is now, regardless of our needing to postpone a tour, which has nothing to do with us really. I could not care less about your opinions or judgement of me. I know in my heart what is truth when it comes to my dealings with you, and your lies to Giovanni alone were greasy beyond belief. You have many demons and a paranoid side of your personality that will always keep you convinced of your ideas of who I am. That was a big problem from day 1….and I am sure we could go back and forth all day. In the end…..I stand by everything I said as 100 percent truth, because it is. Period. Good luck.

• August 11, 2011 at 4:38 am

And there you have it folks. On a final note, one thing I learned very quickly in my short time in WW is everything Leon says is always total bullshit topped with lies and exaggerations. This interview and comment thread is no exception.

• August 11, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Right back at you Erik…..lies and exaggerations galore in your pathetic head space of not being able to accept the reality of your faults in why you were fired. Truth is on my side……good luck!

• August 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm